The Salvation Army played a role in Barcaldine affairs, using Forester’s Hall in Oak Street until they purchased it in 1896. The Salvatio0n Army Band were
Salvation Army lasses carolled the town each Christmas Eve, moving from house to house until dawn. Comments in the Champion indicate that the practice was not always appreciated. The Salvation Army Band played under the Tree of Knowledge – it had originally been called the ‘Hallelujah Tree’ because of the Band’s presence.
Salvation Army Band 1897