School of Arts

The School of Arts opened in May 1893 with 158 subscribers and soon became a source of intellectual activity.

The first annual meeting of the Committee was held in July 1893.

It held 600 volumes in glass cases and stocked all the important English periodicals and magazines. A bound copy of the previous year’s issues of the Western Champion was presented annually to the School of Arts.

School of Arts 1893


Print Friendly, PDF & Email